Friday, November 29, 2013

NaPhoPoMo: Days 26, 27, 28

Day 26: Mythbusters in Boise

Adam

Okay, I admit, I cheated on this one. I wasn’t actually in attendance at the Mythbusters night, but four of my family were.  We are big fans of the show, so it was lots of fun for the kids to see the guys in person, doing their crazy experiments.  I was at home lounging in front of the TV, reading to my toddler while my six year old played on the Wii.  I’m sure Mythbusters was way more fun, but considering how hard it is to keep little people quiet and seated, I figured we’d be better off staying home.

 

Day 27: Angry Birds: Star Wars

20131020_162733

It cracks me up that my kids have as much fun, if not more, playing Angry Birds with blocks and action figures as they do playing the game on the phone or tablet.  I am so crazy-pleased about it, it’s ridiculous.  Many moons ago, in an effort to thwart the digital deluge, I bought a huge set of wooden blocks (complete with architectural pieces like onion domes and Doric columns!) for the kids to play with. They have seen plenty of use, but in the last year or so, they’d been abandoned for more technologically splashy toys.  Imagine my delight when the kids started blending technology with old-school toys.  It’s the best of both worlds.

 

Day 28: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving

Clearly, the important parts of the meal are the pie and the beverage (which happens to be sparkling cider, folks.)  Thanksgiving was marvelously low key this year. We didn’t go anywhere, nor did we invite anyone over—so the stress of trying to get the feast ready by a certain time and put the house in “company condition” was nil. 

My baby had been up barfing and feverish the night before, so I was dragging all Thanksgiving Day.  Preparing our feast took forever, and by the time it was ready, I was too tired to eat.  I nibbled a little and then went to take a nap.  Some friends brought us two pumpkin pies, so I didn’t have to make dessert.

We spent the day watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade, followed by the Westminster Dog Show.  After we ate (and after my nap) we set up the Christmas tree and turned on the house Christmas lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment